Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me!



Some people give me a sympathetic look when they find out my birthday always falls on or near Mother’s Day.  You know…the look that communicates, “I’m so sorry your gifts and special times aren’t spread out.”  I understand that.  It would be nice to have a spontaneous celebration in, say, November I guess, but I actually really love how both of the days I get to celebrate are tied together.  It reminds me how much of me is about being a mom.  And, I use it as an excuse to turn the whole month into a celebration!

To mark this auspicious occasion (I’m 39 years young, of course), I thought I’d leave you with my all-time favorite birthday present.  Not the best present I’ve ever received – that would be too hard.  I’ll tell you my favorite present to give.  (For the sake of this blog, I’m picking one that’s a little generic.  Just know that I usually prefer to make it personal.  And that’s definitely the advice I give to all my customers!)

My all-time favorite present is (drum roll please): a small, glass vase in the shape of a bird with a single white rose sticking out of it.  The note should read: “a little birdie told me it was your birthday today; have a great one!”

In closing, I want to thank all of you who have already sent well-wishes my way.  I often say, and I truly mean it: I have the best job in the world!  Thanks for letting me be a part of your lives!


-- Vickie