Monday, March 25, 2013

The way you make me feel


“People will forget what you said.  People will forget what you did.  But people will never forget how you made them feel.”
-          Maya Angelou

I’m sure there are many people that come to mind when you read this quote.  I know there are for me – all the people that have impacted me over the years.

At the top of my list are my daughters, of course, my close friends, and, yes, my customers.  Because I’m in my store – on average – fifty hours per week, my customers have a profound impact on me. 

But more than the way others have made me feel, this quote causes me to pause and reflect on how I make others feel.  What can I do today to bless someone?  A small smile, eye contact, a ‘thank you’?  Today, I want to be a little more aware of my impact on others.

How about you?  What do you do to impact others?  Do you have a particularly impactful memory of a time when someone else made you feel good (let’s keep it to the good stories!)?  Please don’t go before leaving your comment below.