Sunday, March 10, 2013

What do you do?


“We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.”  - Aristotle 

I love this quote.  Why?  Because I’m probably the most predictable person you will ever meet.  I eat the same food for breakfast every day, I shop at the same places, I go to the same job, that I love, every day.  I live the word ‘habit’. 

I like this quote because it makes me stop and think about what my habits say about me, and, more importantly, where they will lead me.  Am I walking in excellence every day?  And, if not, what habits do I need to change?

So, my question for you on this Monday morning is this: what do you repeatedly do, and is it creating excellence?

If, after you think on that for a minute, you find that you’re not entirely satisfied with your answer, take heart!  All you have to do is change your habits, one action at a time.