Monday, March 18, 2013

When is the last time you finger-painted?


“Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
-          Albert Einstein

Can you believe Albert Einstein said this?!?  One of the greatest inventors, smartest men, of all time?  When I first read this quote, I thought, “that’s easy for you to say; you know a lot of stuff!”

But then I thought for a minute.  What would the world look like if we all knew a lot of facts, but had no idea how to apply them?  I think it would look very dull!

Imagination is not the same as creativity.  Creativity is an act of the imagination.  Our imagination leads us into new places, new discoveries.  Creativity – the act of the imagination – can open up new thoughts, new worlds.

That’s why I titled this post When is the last time you finger painted?  This week I thought I’d invite us to do something silly, something creative that might open up our imaginations, engaging parts of our brains that might have fallen asleep since childhood.

Let me know what, and how, you imagine this week!