Quick and Easy Shrimp and Avocado Quiche
- 3/4 poung frozen baby shrimp
- 4 cups milk or cream
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 pie shells (you can make your own or save time and buy them frozen)
2. Thaw the shrimp under cold running water for about one minute, then drain.
3. Scald the milk or cream slightly by bringing to a boil in a saucepan; then allow to cool until lukewarm.
4. Beat the eggs, and stir into the warm milk. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
5. Divide the shrimp, cheese and avocado into two portions and spread evenly over the bottom of the two pie shells. Pour half of the custard mixture into each shell.
6. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the top turns slightly brown. Serve warm.
[Originally published in the 2009 issue of Martha's Vineyard Magazine's Island Weddings; reviewed for updates in 2012.]
Fine China: Anna Weatherley's Ivy Garland
|When china is more like art...this hand-painted covered server with flower handle is exquisite and sure to impress!|
|Also hand-painted with 24 karat gold on the edge, this dinner plate embodies spring.|
|The bugs on Anna Weatherley's Ivy Garland bread and butter are so lifelike, you'll feel like you're eating outside.|