Monday, December 10, 2012

A Day in the Life of a Retailer During the Holidays: Day Nine

It's been two days since I blogged...Saturday was busy, busy.  We had a store full of customers all day (literally!)!  Even though I never sat down, I loved it!  What I loved about the day is simple: there's an incredible sense of community in my store, and it was very evident last weekend. 

Folks who live in the neighborhood ran into each other and immediately started visiting about holiday plans, family trips, and advice on gift-giving.  The chatter was fast and furious and oh-so-neighborly!

At the end of the day I rushed out to take a dear friend for a birthday dinner.  By the time we finished celebrating, it was 10:30, and I literally collapsed into bed.  I was asleep in five minutes flat (thus, no blog).  Sorry!  If it's any consolation, I missed ya'll!  :)

Sunday was my day of rest, and today was just as wild, though for different reasons.  Our phones were out!  Yes, you read that correctly, our phones didn't work all day long.  During the Christmas season!  Can I just say stressful

But, we made the best of it, getting the phones fixed as quickly as possible, and continuing to help the customers who walked through the door.  The show must go on!  No matter what roadbumps you encounter along the way.  In retail, learning how to stay calm when there's a bump in the road is a very useful skill.

I'm off to another holiday party tonight.  I honestly feel so blessed to have so many friends with whom to celebrate!

See you here tomorrow.  XOXO, Vickie