Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Day in the Life of a Retailer During the Holidays: Day Four

It's the fourth of December, and, I've been on a shopping spree.....yes, i shop, too!   I had to ship Christmas for my grandkids out of the country yesterday!  And I went to no less than seven toy stores and had this thought: customer service is EVERYTHING!!!
 
It truly is amazing the difference in being helped by someone who is enjoying their job AND
understands that shopping at this time of year is stressful.   I tell my staff weekly: EVERYONE is time starved!   And what that means is you've got to bring your A game to work!  Know the product, have positive energy...I can't tell you how many people who helped me didn't have that...and, keep smiling, remembering it is that customer who truly makes it possible to have a paycheck!  

I've been working for 12 hours now, and I have 3 more emails to return...so, until tomorrow!