Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Every year on New Year's Eve I take a few moments to "take stock", as so many of us do.  And then, inevitably, I start thinking about resolutions.  It's impossible not to - it's part of human nature to want to start afresh with the best intentions to do...well, our best.  To want to improve upon what came before and step into what will come with wide, open eyes.

This year, in 2013, I want all of my resolutions to be about hope, because, despite all the hard things that have happened or will happen, I know that goodness, ultimately, prevails.  I see it every day in the people who walk into my store.

So, for 2013, I resolve to:
  • look on the bright side of life, make lemonade out of lemons, see the glass half full, and, as my wonderful mother always said, "expect a miracle!";
  • seek the good in all situations and people, even when it's not readily visible; and,
  • HOPE for the best, because even the tiniest light can pierce the darkest blackness.
What about you?  What are you resolving for 2013?  I'd love to know!  Don't leave without sharing your thoughts below....