Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Day in the Life of a Retailer During the Holidays: Day Five

Today was a long but great day at the store.  Each member of my staff was non-stop busy all day.  We left at 9 tonight, which means we worked a 12-hour day!  I can't tell you how proud of my staff I am: they are dedicated, and hard-working.  They love what they do, and they get the job done.  I couldn't wait to get home so that I could sing their praises on my new blog!  (I still can't believe I have a blog!)

At the end of our work day, we locked the door and opened a bottle of wine while we all sat down at our computers (hunkered down is more like it) and got to work.  We checked our to-do lists, returned emails, and sent hand-written notes to new customers thanking them for shopping locally!  You can never say thank you enough!!!  Because of our loyal customer base, The Menagerie has been able to give over $25,000 to local nonprofits this year alone!

So, thank you for being wonderful followers, fans, customers, and supporters.  And thank you, my amazing staff, for all of your hard work.  Only 20 more days until you get a much-deserved vacation!

I'll be back tomorrow to gush on my staff some more.  See you then!

(P.S.  In case you missed it, be sure to check out our new website.  You can now create and email wish lists online, just in time for the holidays!)